Guest PoliciesCommunity members are welcome in our library! The following policies apply to our guest patrons:
- Guests needing a computer must be logged into one of the three computers closest to and facing the Research Desk. If those computers are taken, the guest will be logged into one of the other reference computers.
- Library Services provide access within the Reference Department to the Internet and all electronic databases except SciFinder. Database use must be for educational, scholarly, research, or personal use. For-profit use of these resources is prohibited. For assistance with research, see our Research Guide or inquire at the Research Desk.
- Service to our students and faculty has priority over service to guests. Guests may be asked to wait briefly while we address the needs of our primary clientele and may also be asked to vacate a computer if none are available for student use.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to users who abuse our policies, services, or staff.
- Guests must follow VU's Acceptable Use Policy.
- Printouts (black and white) cost 5 cents each.
- If you are interested in checking out books, please see our Affiliated Borrower's Lending Policy.