Valparaiso University Students, Faculty and Staff Who Wish to Borrow from an ALI Library
- You must be currently employed or enrolled at Valparaiso University and be in good standing with the library to be eligible for ALI borrowing privileges.
- A complete list of ALI libraries is available here.
- Apply to the Christopher Center Circulation desk (2nd floor) at least one business day before your visit to another library. We will notify you when your ALI Borrowers Card is ready for pickup.
- Students: The expiration date on your ALI card will be the last day of classes for the current semester. Faculty and staff: The expiration date on your card will be same as the expiration date on your employment contract or June 30 of the current year, whichever comes first.
- Make sure you understand and accept the ALI Borrowers' Responsibilities (see below).
- If you wish to return your borrowed items via the interlibrary loan courier service, you must return the item directly to the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Manager (M-F 8:30-4:30, x5363) and explain that it is an ALI return. You will be responsible for any fees for items returned this way. We cannot guarantee the safe return of ALI borrowed items left at the Circulation Desk or in the ILL Office without the ILL Manager present.
Students, Faculty and Staff From Participating ALI Institutions Who Wish to Borrow from Valparaiso University
During this time, the Library is open only to current students, faculty, and staff of Valparaiso University. ALI Borrowers are encouraged to contact the Circulation Desk with questions as to other options that may be available.